This tour includes
- Entrance ticket with skip the line
- Private English guided tour
- Itinerary: Courtyard of the Corazze, Simonetti staircase, Candelabra gallery, Tapestries gallery, gallery of the geographical maps.
- Sistine Chapel
- Adults fare: 45€
- Children and students: 30€
- Free for children up to 6 years old
The Vatican Museums are one of the most famous museums in the world, with 9 different sections, 54 galleries, 20.000 artworks. The Vatican includes the largest existing collection of ancient Greek and Roman sculpture.
We will walk through the papal apartments where we will find statues, tapestries, paintings and geographical maps. The galleries are magnificently decorated as the ceilings. One of the most important parts is the Apartment of Julius II, known as the rooms of Raffaello. The most awesome frescoes are in the Sistine Chapel. Michelangelo painted the ceiling and the Last Judgement as well.
The tour lasts 2 hours but I could figure out a longer one. The visit of St Peter’s Basilica could be added before or after the visit to the Vatican Museums, furthermore, it is the largest Basilica in the world.
All the Vatican State is property of UNESCO, I’m ready to tell you all everything about this special state.